Alright, I've set up an embedded forum for the use of publishers, bloggers, podcasters - basically a place for anyone active or who wants to be active in the OSR or the RPG hobby beyond that.
The Common Room is the place where publishers can find folks ready to review their works, bloggers and podcasters can find publishers looking to donate products for giveaways and a one stop shop for sales postings (hint - bloggers, you can share out the sales when they get posted if you think it would interest your readers)
The Common Room is a community resource. Use it. Share it. Link to it.
As stated in this morning's post, The Common Room has the following forums (and a few more just for good measure):
- A forum for publishers to introduce themselves and their products / product lines and give contact information. Publishers would list each product they would like to receive reviews for as separate posts in their thread.
- A forum for blogs to introduce themselves and their blog. How often do you do reviews? How often do you post? You could list links to your prior reviews, if any, in this initial post. Contact information would be helpful to publishers here. Follow up posts linking each review completed through the use of the forum.
- A forum for podcasters to introduce themselves and their podcasts. How often do you do reviews? How often do you release episodes? You could list links to your prior reviews, if any, in this initial post. Contact information would be helpful to publishers here. Follow up posts linking each review completed through the use of the forum.
- A forum for completed reviews. As each review gets done and posts, this would be the master list.
Once a week I'd do a summary posts of the reviews completed here at The Tavern. It would probably follow the following format to some extent:
For the week of April 6th through April 12th, the following reviews were completed via The Common Room Review Program:
- My OSR Blog (linked) reviewed The Deepest Deadly Dungeon (RPGNow Link) (Table Top Library Link) (Lulu Link) (Open Gaming Store Link) (etc link) released by Damn Fine Games (linked). The Deepest Deadly Dungeon is an adventure for levels 1 to 8 using the Swords & Wizardry rules but suitable for all OSR gaming.
There would be a permanent link to both the weekly review summary posts as well as the Common Room Forums in the tabs on top of the main Tavern Page. If we could commission a graphic for the program, I'd also place it on the right sidebar and other blogs / podcasts / publisher sites could do the same if the wished.
As an aside, if a publisher or blog thinks that they need a forum of their own, reach out to me and we'll try to make it work. For some of the larger publishers or blogs that do many reviews, this might work better.
So, how do you join?ReplyDelete
There's a login link on the upper right that uses another social media login portal (g+, facebook, twitter, whatever)Delete
Cool stuff, joined it.ReplyDelete
This is cool. I'm glad I discovered yer blog, Erik. I love Old School discussion as much as Old School play. I'll join soon (when I get to my desktop or tablet)!ReplyDelete