Board Game: Wizards (1982) - [image: Wizards (1982)] I was reorganizing my shelves trying to find some room for some new books when I found this little gem hiding in my lower shelves....
4 hours ago
The writing, interior art, and layout are 100% complete. All that remains is to add the maps to the back of the book, commission the cover art, and package the book as a print-ready PDF.Want confidence that a project will complete and release? The above is just that.
The Exfiltrators is a 36-page prison-break scenario in which the player characters enter an infamous tower of incarceration (either as unwilling inmates or as willing spies) and extract an innocent prisoner. But just who is innocent and who is guilty? Inside Velgate prison, no one can be sure.
A thinking player's (and GM's) adventure. I'm looking forward to this.
The Exfiltrators is an adventure module for experienced gamemasters.
- The narrative is non-linear; the PCs have complete freedom in the direction of their investigation.
- The plot contains puzzles to solve and NPCs to be persuaded, in addition to the usual challenges of sinew and might.
- At the gamemaster's option, the story can extend into the Outer Planes and transport the PCs to an off-world adventure.
Up your non-human game for Swords & Wizardry Light and Swords & Wizardry Continual Light with this handy reference guide and collection of new house rules! Enjoy the same popular trait tables found in its predecessor, Non-Human Player Codex for Swords & Wizardry Complete, recalibrated and rewritten for Light and Continual Light. Includes the following:
Abilities/Class reference for core SWL and SWCL non-humans (Dwarf, Elf, Halfling).
Trait tables to add nuance and distinctiveness to your non-human characters.
All in a convenient, concise, and easily-printed reference.
Dare to be different with your demi-human PCs, while keeping the rules light!Yep, that's an affiliate link above. Shoppin' through The Tavern's affiliate links keeps the taps flowing and the lights on here at The Tavern :)
Each issue in the series focuses on an individual hero from Baldur’s Gate, including fan favorites Minsc and his miniature giant space hamster Boo. Krydle and Shandie, Delina, and Nerys Kathon will also see the spotlight.You can read more about it at ICv2.
|There are many logos belonging to third party publishers of DM's Guild products but only THIS can be on the product's cover as a logo. Branding for third parties? The horror!|
“[The Midderlands] as a small area campaign supplement is the best I’ve ever seen, displacing Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor First Fantasy Campaign area, which up until now -- and that’s decades -- has been my favorite one.” - Matt Finch (Creator of Swords & Wizardry).Yeah, its "that good."
Firstly, and most-importantly - This is not a revised version, this is EVEN MORE content and game-juice.
The Midderlands setting gets bigger, expanding out into Havenland (the country that The Midderlands is set in) and its bordering lands, in a dark, twisted, and viridian version of the British Isles.
If you want to know a bit more about the original 'The Midderlands' setting book, then check out the original Kickstarter for more information, or watch my interview with the creator of Swords & Wizardry, Matt Finch.
What is going to be in the new 'The Midderlands Expanded' book?
- 50+ pages of content previously released in The Midderlands Additions, and The Midderlands Additions II, but as part of a glorious, high specification, hardback format.
- Approx. 170 pages of new, previously unseen content.
- More awesome artwork.
- More locations.
- More items.
- More spells.
- More flora and fauna.
- More monsters.
- More classes.
- More adventure hooks.
- More adventure.
- More discovery.
- More green-hued, dark-fantasy weirdness.
Kickstarter provides a funding platform for creative projects. When a creator posts a project on Kickstarter, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who backs a project is accepting the creator’s offer, and forming that contract.
Kickstarter is not a part of this contract (this is where Kickstarter washes their hands of any responsibility in ensuring the honesty of creators) — the contract is a direct legal agreement between creators and their backers. Here are the terms that govern that agreement:
When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.
Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication (all three of the above examples lack such), and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised. (usually this is
If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:
they post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned; (this requires a breakdown of expenditures - "living expenses" is not a legitimate expense)
they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers;
they’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised; (we know #ConManKen used pencil dice money for film making - he said so himself)
they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and (look at the above examples - they are poster boys for "material misrepresentation of communications to backers)
they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form.
The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. (again, Kickstarter just takes their cut) If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.But there's more. If the PDFs are completed or the films are fully edited and are released to backers in digital form, then the physical products become due. When the physical products become due and there is no money to print, press, pack and ship then the accounting of monies is questioned. If funds haven't been used appropriately, the contract is violated.
POLYHEDRAL DUNGEON is an ultralight modern take on old school roleplaying.
Using the new and simple to use and extend POLYHEDRAL SYSTEM, you can have countless hours of fun delving into dungeons and stealing dragon's hoards.
Features of the game include:
The book comes in a fully layered and bookmarked digital version, in both color and grayscale formats. Full sized character sheets are available in both formats too. There is also a downloadable full-sized cover that can be used to make your own print-at-home version!
- Create new characters for play in about 5-10 minutes.
- Choose from the classic old school character tropes, but with slight twists. Play classic dungeon crawls with a flexible unified system that’s easy to learn and extend - make up your own content, or use any of the official Expansions, including The Advanced Rules which provides many new options for play, The Book of Monsters which expands and explores the Monsters in the game, The Book of Loot for more complete treasure and loot options, including many unique items, and The Book of Magic, which expands Talents and rules for magical and divine characters.
- Designed for quick pick-up play as well as to handle large groups of players who have little experience in tabletop roleplaying - a perfect beginner’s game and still fun for experts.
- Pocket-sized, so that you can take it wherever you’re going.
- Includes dice printed in the page margins in case you forget your own, or if you need to make a secret roll as the Judge!
- Includes a Giant Badger!
- Layered and unlayered PDF versions included!
- Also includes The Crypts of Bes-Amat, a free adventure showcasing how simple it is to create and run adventures for the game and system, as a separate download.
THROUGH DUNGEONS DEEPER
A Survival Guide For Dungeoneers As Written By A Survivor
150 pages (145 content, 1 note, 2 covers, 2 blank)
Have you ever wanted a primer on dungeon delving and dungeoneering? Ever wanted to know the stuff that real experts know about how to survive and thrive while looting dungeons of everything they have that's valuable and isn't nailed down?
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU!
Written by master dungeoneer halfling Maximillian Sparfoot, veteran of a thousand dungeon delves (according to his own bio). Follow along with Max as he:
So, what are you waiting for? Buy Max's super guide to dungeoneering today for yourself or a loved one who is considering delving in the darkest dungeons. You don't want them being unprepared, do you? DO YOU?
- Explains the 10 Dungeon Axioms!
- Introduces you to his 78 Rules of Dungeoneering, including preparation, your role in the party, how to fight wisely, and how to make a last will and testament, among other Very Important Rules If You Don't Want To Die! Tactics! Strategy! Other stuff!
- Gives you important information about magic items, curses, owlbears, traps, mimics and gelatinous cubes!
- Tells you the important things you need to know about the races and professions that you'll be dungeoneering with!
- Includes a sample simple will from Stonehand & Associates, lawyers to dungeoneers!
Downloads include the PDF, mobi, epub, and raw text version of files.Yep, that's an affiliate link above. Shoppin' through The Tavern's affiliate links keeps the taps flowing and the lights on here at The Tavern :)
You’ve been asking about it. You’ve been reading about it. You’ve heard a lot about it.
And now you can pre-order it.
Original Adventures Reincarnated: Into the Borderlands is now available for pre-order! This 384-page hardcover reprints the classic Dungeons and Dragons modules B1: In Search of the Unknown and B2: The Keep on the Borderlands, in both their original format and updated for Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons. And there is even a full-color 16-page cover gallery insert!
The expected release date for Into the Borderlands is May, but we are hoping (cross your fingers!) to have some early-release copies available at Gary Con in March!
Inside this book you will find high-quality scans from multiple printings of the original first edition adventure modules, plus commentary by such gaming luminaries as Luke Gygax and Mike Mearls. Full fifth edition conversions of both adventures are included, as well as brand new additional adventure locations to further expand and develop the Borderlands. This is a fully playable mini-campaign to start off your new fifth edition adventures, with a distinct old-school vibe.$49.99. I think I need this.
WWII: Operation WhiteBox is a roleplaying game of WWII special forces action designed for compatibility with the Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox roleplaying game.
In WWII: Operation WhiteBox, the player characters (PCs) play the role of WWII special forces operatives. They may be formally trained and part of an officially designated special forces unit such as the SAS or U.S. Army Airborne, or they may simply be guerilla fighters dedicated to making life hard for the German Army. They may also be covert agents working for organizations such as the SOE or OSS. Whatever their affiliation, their job is to complete missions behind enemy lines, paving the way for the next Allied advance.
WWII: Operation WhiteBox is a standalone game that uses the Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox rules as its base. In addition to standard gameplay rules, the game contains the following:
Yep, that's an affiliate link above. Shoppin' through The Tavern's affiliate links keeps the taps flowing and the lights on here at The Tavern :)
- CHARGEN: This includes Attributes, Nationality, Rank, Profession, etc.
- NEW CLASSES: Eight new classes including the Charmer, Combat Engineer, Grunt, Maquis, Sniper, Tactician, Wheelman, Uberlaufer, each with their own unique abilities.
- GEAR AND WEAPONS: A list of typical WWII weapons and gear. Weapons are statistically grouped by function (Large Rifle, Small Handgun, Submachinegun, etc.) with some named examples to add flavor (M1 Garand, Derringer, MP40, etc.).
- PLAYING THE GAME: Rules for Saving Throws, Surprise, Reaction Rolls, Movement, etc.
- PERSONAL COMBAT: Rules for "theater of the mind" combat including new rules for automatic weapons, using cover and concealment, and explosives.
- VEHICLE COMBAT: Rules for "theater of the mind" vehicle combat (basically the same as personal combat) and vehicles grouped and statted out (Small Truck, Medium Tank, Small Aircraft, etc.) with named examples to add flavor (Kubelwagen, M4 Sherman, Brirish Spitfire, etc.).
- GAMEPLAY EXAMPLE: A gameplay write up to show some of the new concepts in action.
- COMMON NPCs AND ANIMALS: Stats and descriptions for civilians, soldiers, and common European animals.
- COVERT SPECIAL FORCES EQUIPMENT: Descriptions of some real world equipment designed and/or used by special forces during WWII.
- THE WWII CAMPAIGN: This chapter gives an overview of the different theaters, major events of the different time periods, and lots and lots of tips for running a WWII campaign.
- SPECIAL FORCES IN THE EUROPEAN THEATER: An overview of various Allied special forces units such as the SAS, LRDG, OSS, etc., resistance organizations such as the French Maquis and the Norwegian Milorg, an German special forces units such as the Brandenburgers. This chapter also runs down how to design a special forces mission as well as the different types of missions commonly undertaken.
- WWII TIMELINE: A chronological timeline of major WWII dates and events.
- HISTORIC WWII SPECIAL FORCES ACTIONS: Contains a brief description of real world historical missions undertaken by units like the British Commandos, Jedburghs, etc.
- RESISTANCE AT THE PONTEVILLE BRIDGE: A sample mission deep in Normandy.
- MASS COMBAT RULES: Quick and dirty rules for resolving Mass Combat as well as how to incorporate PC missions into the results.
- MINI-SETTINGS: Nazi Superscience, Nazi Occult, and Nazi Space elements to liven up your game!