Gygax Challenge Part 2 - It's January of a new year. This means a new beginning! It's time to get working on things. I know the hallowed halls of the 3 Toadstools pub & eatery...
3 hours ago
David Sullivan - White Star Galaxy Edition in PDF
Ngo Vinh-Hoi - Wizardry Unearthed in PDF
Joel Watkins - Return From Dragonmount - Print
The above need to email me at tenkarsDOTtavern at that gmail thing with "I've been gifted!" in the subject ;)
Tony T - Print Copy of Swords & Wizardry Continual Light (US Only - others will receive an RPGNow GC for $7)
M Po - Print Copy of The Midderlands (US Only - if outside the US a PDF copy will be substituted and the print copy goes back in the mix) (Note! May not ship until after Christmas)
Chance Phillips - $10 Gift Certificate to the Frog God StoreThe above need to email me at tenkarsDOTtavern at that gmail thing with "I've been gifted!" in the subject ;)
In WWII: Operation WhiteBox, the player characters (PCs) play the role of WWII special forces operatives. They may be formally trained and part of an officially designated special forces unit such as the SAS or U.S. Army Airborne, or they may simply be guerilla fighters dedicated to making life hard for the German Army. They may also be covert agents working for organizations such as the SOE or OSS. Whatever their affiliation, their job is to complete missions behind enemy lines, paving the way for the next Allied advance.
- WWII: Operation WhiteBox is a standalone game that uses the Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox rules as its base. In addition to standard gameplay rules, the game contains the following:
- CHARGEN: This includes Attributes, Nationality, Rank, Profession, etc.
- NEW CLASSES: Eight new classes including the Charmer, Combat Engineer, Grunt, Maquis, Sniper, Tactician, Wheelman, Uberlaufer, each with their own unique abilities.
- GEAR AND WEAPONS: A list of typical WWII weapons and gear. Weapons are statistically grouped by function (Large Rifle, Small Handgun, Submachinegun, etc.) with some named examples to add flavor (M1 Garand, Derringer, MP40, etc.).
- PLAYING THE GAME: Rules for Saving Throws, Surprise, Reaction Rolls, Movement, etc.
- PERSONAL COMBAT: Rules for "theater of the mind" combat including new rules for automatic weapons, using cover and concealment, and explosives.
- VEHICLE COMBAT: Rules for "theater of the mind" vehicle combat (basically the same as personal combat) and vehicles grouped and statted out (Small Truck, Medium Tank, Small Aircraft, etc.) with named examples to add flavor (Kubelwagen, M4 Sherman, Brirish Spitfire, etc.).
- GAMEPLAY EXAMPLE: A gameplay write up to show some of the new concepts in action.
- COMMON NPCs AND ANIMALS: Stats and descriptions for civilians, soldiers, and common European animals.
- COVERT SPECIAL FORCES EQUIPMENT: Descriptions of some real world equipment designed and/or used by special forces during WWII.
- THE WWII CAMPAIGN: This chapter gives an overview of the different theaters, major events of the different time periods, and lots and lots of tips for running a WWII campaign.
- SPECIAL FORCES IN THE EUROPEAN THEATER: An overview of various Allied special forces units such as the SAS, LRDG, OSS, etc., resistance organizations such as the French Maquis and the Norwegian Milorg, an German special forces units such as the Brandenburgers. This chapter also runs down how to design a special forces mission as well as the different types of missions commonly undertaken.
- WWII TIMELINE: A chronological timeline of major WWII dates and events.
- HISTORIC WWII SPECIAL FORCES ACTIONS: Contains a brief description of real world historical missions undertaken by units like the British Commandos, Jedburghs, etc.
- RESISTANCE AT THE PONTEVILLE BRIDGE: A sample mission deep in Normandy.
- MASS COMBAT RULES: Quick and dirty rules for resolving Mass Combat as well as how to incorporate PC missions into the results.
- MINI-SETTINGS: Nazi Superscience, Nazi Occult, and Nazi Space elements to liven up your game!
This year, my Dungeon Grappling and Lost Hall of Tyr products are participating in Erik Tenkar’s 12 Days of OSR Christmas.
And today’s day 1.
Each day I’ll be giving away a PDF of one of these products, and every third day (16th, 19th, 22nd, 25th) I’ll give away a physical copy of one of the two!
Leave a comment to be considered for the drawing each day!So, leave your daily comments at Gaming Ballistic and get in the mix!
Twelve Days of Free Frog God!
The holidays are about giving to those you appreciate and Frog God Games appreciates you. Each day from now until December 25th there will be a free PDF from our catalog (regularly priced between 4.99 and 17.99) .For the next 24 hours (give or take) the Slumbering Tsar Part 1 is free to everyone at the Frog God Games website:
No purchase necessary. Simply point your browser to our website and click on the 'Free Downloads' tab to find the daily PDF. The PDF will be available for every system it was released for as of today (Slumbering Tsar was only on Pathfinder). So check your email or the website everyday for another free release until December 25th. Free releases are only available for 24 hours before they return to regular price. The releases can be combined with existing coupons (like the 30% coupon from Humble Bundle or other yet to be announced special offers).
|Geography of the Empire is bookmarked, but The Forests is not|