I'd like to give a huge thanks to Rafael Chandler for sending me copies of both the Metallic Tome and the Demonic Tome. Holy shit but I've got lots of good reading to accomplish in the next few days.
Combined the two make for an awesome resource for a modern OSR game in a John Constatine like setting.
Demons feed on innocent souls and obliterate cities. Human victims are possessed, devoured, and damned. Unfortunately, the world's last line of defense is a group of ultra-violent cannibals wielding unholy magic.
They needed a hero. Instead, they got you.
Demonic Tome is a sourcebook for old-school role-playing games set in the modern day. It includes new spells, monsters, magic items, and setting information.
xxxxxxxxxxxx. xxxxxxxxxxxx. xxxxxxxxxxx. xxxxxxxxxxx.
Pollution chokes our seas, nuclear war has destroyed our cities, and worst of all, guitars are illegal. Surveillance satellites monitor our every move. Conformity is the law! There is only one thing that can save us: METAL.
Metallic Tome is a sourcebook for old-school role-playing games set in the modern day. It's inspired by heavy metal music. Created by the reprobate who wrote the Teratic Tome.
- New character alignments, including Awful Good, Chaotic Player, and Neutral Vague
- New starting equipment, including department store mannequin, 4 scorpions in a shoebox, and an audio cassette recording of Nuclear Assault's "Survive"
- New Cleric spells like Necrotic Blasphemous Desecration, Interval of the Devil, and Party Hard
- New Magic-User spells like Power Word Mosh and Air Raid Siren
- Strange new foes, including asbestos elementals and nuclear dragons
- Wondrous magic items, such as the Brigandine Loincloth and the Revolver of Lordly Might
- Random tables to pad out the last few pages
The Tavern is supported by readers like you. The easiest way to support The Tavern is to shop via our affiliate links. DTRPG, Amazon, and Humble Bundle are the affiliate programs that support The Tavern.