A revised second printing of the core rules, the game’s first official sourcebook, and our premiere graphic novel, all in one bundle!
First things first. If you own the first printing of Ascendant, it is now out of print but it is fully compatible with Ascendant: Platinum Edition. You do not need the Platinum Edition. If you missed it the first time around, this is your opportunity to snag one of the better supers RPGs I've come across, if not the best. I love the genre, but I have high standards for RPGs in that genre
Ascendant: Platinum Edition is 20 bucks for the core book in PDF, and 60 for print plus PDF.
In the 496-page Ascendant core rulebook, you get the following:
- Elegant game mechanics that simulate the physics of a comic-book world using easy-to-reference real-life benchmarks.
- A color-coded challenge action resolution table (CHART) that resolves complex actions with super speed.
- An infinitely scalable system that lets you play heroes of any power level, from streetfighters to living gods, and replicate virtually any character from your favorite anime, comic, manga, or movie settings.
- Countless customizable powers using an easy-to-use modifier tag system that matches your powers specific to your character concept.
- Comprehensive detective mechanics for investigating crimes, interviewing witnesses, and finding clues.
- Detailed options for super-geniuses to create inventions, cure diseases, and even bring their outlandish devices into mass production.
- Extensive rules for responding to emergencies such as asteroid strikes, avalanches, disease outbreaks, earthquakes, fires, nuclear disasters, tornados, tsunamis, and volcanoes.
- A huge catalog of pre-built characters and objects, including major military vehicles like aircraft carriers, attack submarines, and ballistic missiles.
- A dynamic mission generation system to help you create challenges for your heroes.
- An optional campaign setting with ready-to-use heroes, villains, and organizations.
- Spectacular full-color artwork by industry-leading pencilers, inkers, and colorists.
The Tavern is supported by readers like you. The easiest way to support The Tavern is to shop via our affiliate links.
DTRPG, Amazon, and Humble Bundle are affiliate programs that support The Tavern. You can catch the daily Tavern Chat cast on Anchor, YouTube, or wherever you listen to your podcast collection. - Tenkar