|None of the Frawgs My Players Faced Had|
Guns, But it Would Have been Awesome!
A few observations (recap will come hopefully tomorrow):
- The adventure played out in 3 hrs, pretty much on the mark. Nice sweet spot. Last week's funnel from the DCC RPG Core Book ran in about 2 1/2. If this trend continues, DCC RPG will make for a very comfortable weeknight game, as it can wrap up at a decent time of night.
- I really need to tighten up on the rules for DCC. I glossed over much of the PC stuff as I figured I could fill in the holes with my AD&D default knowledge, but there are twists and turns in DCC that I missed going through the book. Guess I'll be studying on vacation ;)
- When 1st level PCs are still scrounging together their silvers, they are very vulnerable in combat. 2 dropped in the final battle (and made their luck rolls - which I defaulted to 15 as I couldnt find the default)
- PC magic is fuckin' powerful - and dangerous - and at a cost. I love it, must learn it better from the DM side
- Shit! Now I wanna play as a player at some point too! I wanna funnel! I wanna cast spells that may cause my sex to change, my hair to grow or have me smell like poo!
- We had no thieves in the party - 4 warriors, 2 wizards, 1 cleric and a dwarf. I'm interested in seeing how luck plays out for rogues