(5e) The Hanged Man - By Davis Chenault Troll Lord Games 5e Mid Level? or High Level? It says both ... A long journey under an azure sky filling with brackish, boiling clouds en...
1 hour ago
Frog God Games wants your support for our first holiday adventure in over a decade -"How Orcus Stole Christmas!". Designed for lower-level characters both joyful and triumphant it has a wickedly humorous take on classic holiday tropes. Yet it is still a perilous adventure full of the unexpected. Beware festive monsters, find joyous and jolly magic items and face an iconic villain with a holiday twist.
O, Come All Ye Faithful....to Newville!
This low-level adventure introduces the players to a contained wilderness environment known as Newville. It is designed to fit into most traditional fantasy campaigns, The open nature and local environment can extend the adventure across multiple sessions. So beware the danger behind the joyful cruelty of the enemies and their pathetic holiday slaves!
It’s up to a small band of brave heroes to save Christmas this year, and without their unwavering Christmas spirit and willingness to face the cruelties of both winter and a twisted aspect of the great Demon Prince, they’ll never discover How Orcus Stole Christmas...
Can the player characters discover why Orcus Claws is waylaying the town of Newville? Will they survive the climb up cruel Mount Strumpet with its cannibal reindeer and treacherous avalanches? And for the love of Christmas, why are all these damn News singing all the time?!
Inside the finished release you will find the following-
- An adventure which can be integrated into an existing campaign as a brief (yet twisted) celebration of the season.
- New and festive creatures which have a tendency to kill and/or feast on itinerant characters that are not prepared for danger amidst all the dark humor.
- Joyful magic items with heartwarming powers.
- An description of the village of Newville, the demeanor of the News, plus exciting rumors about the surrounding valley. The valley is thought to be full of adventure.
- The author's manuscript was bursting with bloody sarcasm and holiday humor.
- A visitor who arrives in the night upon a magical sleigh.
First published in 1977, Tegel Manor is the oldest of “Haunted House” adventures in fantasy roleplaying, and probably the very first megadungeon ever published. The Manor is a sprawling edifice of 250+ rooms filled with tricks, traps, puzzles, monsters, and situations both humorous and horrific. The huge manor house has been the curse of its owners, the Rump family, for generations – no matter how many times they have tried to get rid of it, the ownership manages to come back to them.
If you’ve already seen the 1977 version of the Manor, there’s a lot more for you to learn in this updated and expanded 5E (and S&W) version of the classic. This printing contains expanded descriptions of the rooms, new areas, new monsters, new magic items, and much more, all with spectacular color illustrations.
At the start of the Kickstarter, the book will be a perfect bound softcover, but if we get 250 backers purchasing an edition of the book, it will be upgraded to hardcover, free of charge!
In addition to the Manor itself, this book contains:
The Map of Tegel Manor
- A 4-level dungeon under the Manor, fully detailed.
- The Temple of the Frog and the Monastery of Garm, as well as a full length new adventure-The Sanctum of Madness!
- A detailed handling of Tegel Village, the wilderness area, the black dragon lair and even the pirate lair and tower along the seacoast.
- All 100 members of the Rump Family are described and detailed, and many even have portraits done!
- Over a 15 new monsters and dozens of never before seen magic items!
- and one more thing...
The map was revolutionary to gaming when it was introduced. Our cartographer is the famous Alyssa Faden — we’ve gone all-out on quality for this project.
Alyssa Faden, map goddess and Frog God favorite, has been working on making the Sine Qua Non of Fantasy Gaming Maps. Using details from both the original and the newly written material each room now reflects the chaotic, creepy and often violent nature of the Manor. This is done at an incredibly high resolution which will keep the minute details she captures visibly pleasing when zoomed beyond what is normal in online games or projection based set-ups.
PRINT - Save 40% on almost everything – and 20% on the rest! Read on for details!
Today is that infamous dark day when all consumers go insane! Black Friday! (Yeah, we know it’s Tuesday…what’s your point?)
Nonetheless, it’s our biggest sale of the year! Well, it’s really our only sale of the year, but who’s counting?
The sale is 40% off all Goodman Games books currently in stock, except leather bound items. That means you save 40% on DCC modules, all the variant covers, all our Fifth Edition Fantasy products, Into the Borderlands, Mutant Crawl Classics, Judges Guild, Metamorphosis Alpha, Xcrawl, and Age of Cthulhu. Plus the PDF editions of all those. Plus all the other book titles we forgot to mention!
And then everything else in our online store is 20% off. The “everything else” includes leather bound books, third-party DCC publications, specialty dice, appendix N reprints, and all the other accessories.
When you check out, just use one or ALL of these coupon codes (multiple codes are accepted):
• Code GGblackfriday2018 to save 40% on most Goodman Games items in our online store!
• Code 3PPblackfriday2018 to save 20% on most other product in our online store!
• Code LEblackfriday2018 to save 20% on Limited Edition Goodman Games items in our online store!
PDF - From now through Cyber Monday, Goodman Games is offering 40% off every PDF we sell on DriveThruRPG.
It's that simple. So once you're done with that turkey and sitting back to relax - or fighting off sleep, as the case may be - swing by our product page and check out the deals!
The 40% sale applies to every PDF we publish: DCC RPG adventure modules. All of our Dungeon Crawl Classics from other rules sets, like 3E adventures, 4E, or even 1E. Mutant Crawl Classics. Fifth Edition Fantasy. Tales From The Magician's Skull. Age of Cthulhu. Xcrawl. Our huge line of 3E products - or even our line of 4E products. Our licensed lines like Metamorphosis Alpha and older lines like DragonMech. And many of our systems-neutral, stand-alone favorites like The Dungeon Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and others.Palladium
Palladium has 3 BIG Sales going on this weekend
1. Palladium’s Black Friday Sale is NOW thru Tuesday – Our Black Friday and Cyber-Monday sales start right now. Almost ALL Rifts® books and metal miniatures are on sale starting NOW through Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
2. Palladium PDF Sale NOW till Tuesday morning on DriveThruRPG.com – Most Palladium PDFs are available at a 33% discount for awesome savings – offer ends Tuesday morning, November 27, 2018.
3. Christmas Surprise Packages have been delighting gamers for 20 years. Each book is signed by me and available staff and freelancers if you want autographs. I do not believe I have sent out a Surprise Package with less than $95 worth of product – most have been closer to $100 or more! Our holiday season gift to you. And if you are lucky, you may be able to turn items from ONE Surprise Package into gifts for 2-3 gamers in your life. With only four weeks till Christmas, time is starting to run out, so please tell everyone you know! Offer ends December 24, 2018.
4. Plus a sale at Kevin’s Ebay store – http://stores.ebay.com/kevinstoys-artandcollectibles – though technically not a “Palladium sale,” you can find original art by Charles Walton II, Kevin Long, and other artists, as well as Palladium collectibles from my (Kevin Siembieda’s) personal archives, signed books, one-of-a-kind book negatives, action figures and toys, all on sale now through Tuesday.DriveThruRPG / RPGNow
You can save 33% on over 47K PDF titles at DriveThruRPG / RPGNow, including our very own Swords & Wizardry Continual Light. I'll try to get some Tavern Picks posted tomorrow (Friday)There are some affiliate links above. Keep The Tavern in fresh beer by using our affiliate links.
This is an old-school sandbox adventure for the basic version of the world's most popular fantasy RPG. Explore the wilderness and the three detailed dungeons around the human outpost of Fort Perilous.
On the border between wilderness and civilization, Fort Perilous stands, keeping watch and holding the forces of Chaos at bay. Your heroes find themselves in the fort, drawn into the battles between civilization and monsters, between Law and Chaos.
This module is primarily a sandbox setting – that is players and GMs are not required to stick to any particular storyline. It is loosely along the same lines as the classic B2: The Keep on the Borderlands where there is a base where adventurers can rest, heal and sell loot.
Beyond the fort there is an area of borderlands that contains a number of locations of interest to adventurers (see chapter 2). Four of these are detailed in subsequent chapters though others are only briefly mentioned and can be fleshed out by GMs if they so wish.
|Art by www.critical-hit.biz|
Just for clarification, I Jess Hunter separated my brick and mortar store (211 Games & Comics, LLC) and my online store (little monsters entertainment, LLC) into two entities in case I ever decide to sale off one of my business. But let me reassure you we are doing well and that is just a growing issue, not a going out if business issue. 🙂Look at the typos - pure Kenny.
See you on line, or maybe at my new store!
For the fourth year running, we will be playing 24 hours of table-top roleplaying games to raise money for our local children's hospitals. This year, we'll be starting November 16th at 6 pm, and streaming the whole thing at https://www.twitch.tv/enn321. Please join us--for a very small donation, you can mess with the game and have a chance to win fabulous prizes from our fabulous sponsors.
This year, the players will be searching for the scattered parts of the statue of Alexandreovich MacGuffin during 18 hours of 5e D&D. Your donations could help or hinder them. We will also continue our tradition of a midnight game of Call of Cthulhu to let the horror really settle in!
Your donation is tax-deductible and will make miracles happen for families who desperately need them. You can click the "Donate" button at the top of this page to make a safe and easy online donation.Direct donation link: