Why Kits N Kats Rescue?
"I had habitually avoided them for years because I’m a total sap for homeless cats, and I think it’s just easier to ignore them than to stop and get sucked into their cause.
That all changed in October. That day, a tiny kitten was set off to the side in a carrier, and as I was checking aquariums my curiosity got the best of me. This little kitten was named Tilly and she was obviously very ill. It broke my heart, and for once I decided to not be one of those folks that just walks by. I found out that Kits N Kats takes the kitties that nobody else wants. It doesn’t matter what is wrong with them, they take them in and get them the medical attention they need, saving many of them from being euthanized. I filled up a cart with food that day and dropped it off on the way out. The thanks I got was unexpected and it saddened me to discover they don’t get much in the way of help.
How many of you would spend every Saturday of your life setting up cages and sitting in a pet food store all day, just in hopes someone will take a cat home that you’re fostering? I know I’m a stingy bastard with my Saturdays, so the fact that sweet folks do this is something I genuinely admire. Firemen are called heroes all the time, but to me, these guys are real heroes. I squirt water on burning things on occasion. These ladies take unwanted animals and refuse to give up on them. They medicate, feed and shelter them until someone gives them a forever home.
Tilly lost her battle to her ailments, sadly, but she went out being loved and cherished every day she was here. She also pulled me into the ring, which is why I’m officially announcing a month-long raffle for a treasure trove of amazing RPG goodness."
For each dollar you donate, David will throw your name into the “fish-bowl-of awesome”. The charity raffle will last until Midnight, June 5th. In November, David Baity's first raffle raised $900.00 for Kits N Kats Rescue and went to the purchase of food and litter as well as vet costs. This time he is hoping to raise more and he has announced a prize-package that is too good to pass up. To donate simply log in to PayPal and send whatever you can spare to firstname.lastname@example.org David will update the total every week.
Now then, what does the grand prize winner actually get? The prize package includes a massive amount of content easily worth $300+!!
For DCC RPG
- A hardback custom DCC engraved wooden blank book.
- Adventures (19 of them): Boston Crawl for DCC, Faerie Tales From Unlit Shores (The Portsmouth Mermaid), Fates Fell Hand, The 13th Skull, Colossus Arise!, Chaos Rising, The Emerald Enchanter, Frozen in Time, Sky Ov Crimson Flame, Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman, Carnival of the Damned (signed by yours truly if you want!), The Vault of Ash, Escape from the Shrouded Fen (signed by Terry), Cast Tower of the Blood Moon Rises, The Vertical Halls, Null Singularity, Attack of the Frawgs, Beyond the Silver Scream. Sunken City Omnibus (hardback).
- Dice: One 12 piece set of Game Science dice, 3 sets of Dark Trails dice from various runs.
- Rulebooks: DCC, 4th printing (signed by a whole gaggle of cool people like Kovacs, Stroh, Goodman, Curtis and more).
- Sourcebooks: Nowhere City Nights, Mind Games,Hubris.
- Lunchbox: The DCC lunchbox sold at Gencon 2016 (small dent in corner).
- Swag: DCC Belt buckle, satin dice bag, spiral notebook, unused “Original Posse” Dark Trails cup.
- Zines: D.A.M.N Magazine #1(revised), Black Powder Black Magic Volume I & II.
- Lamentations of the Flame Princess (signed by James Raggi).
- Death Frost Doom (signed by Zak Sabbath).
- Vornheim (signed by Zak Sabbath)
- Artbook: Doug Kovac’s sketchbook, the Drain Chamber deluxe edition (signed and uber cool!)
- Cough Drops: 1 Ricola cough drop (signed by Brendan LaSalle)
- Print: MCC Cover painting signed by Doug Kovacs
- T-shirts: MCC: XL (never worn), Super cool cat shirt! Chinese XXXXL (would fit a small to medium person)
The "Fine Print": David will personally pay up to $50.00 USD out of pocket for shipping. Beyond that and the winner may need to kick in.