Wow. Simply wow. The Kickstarter is live for less than 12 hours and already there are over 350 comments. Its also 46% to its $100k funding goal.
What am I talking about? Quite simply the Rifts® Board Game (don't forget to use the ®)
Now, you might be saying "didn't this happen already?" and the answer is "no". What DID happen is a whole lot of drama, a suicide attempt and lots mudslinging by Kevin and those frustrated with the the Robotech Tactics KS. You can read THAT post here. Too much to repost but very useful for those looking to do some "due diligence" on the Rifts® Board Game Kickstarter.
Let's cover the basics (its your cheat sheet):
- Palladium does not have a good record with its prior Kickstarter.
- Technically, this Kickstarter is not being run by Palladium.
- There are those questioning who really is calling the shots on the Rifts® Board Game Kickstarter.
- Carmen, the one who is producing this Kickstarter, attempted suicide less than 3 months ago.
- We know this because Kevin told us so.
- The suicide attempt was blamed on angry backers of the Robotech Tactics KS. We know this because Kevin told us so. Backers who refused to back the board game because they are stil waiting for full fulfillment of Robotech Tactics.
- The Rifts® Board Game has train wreck capacity right from launch.
That being said, I'm backing for a buck to get the backers only updates, as I expect this will be an interesting ride. Its just not a ride I'm willing to gamble 100 bucks on. It has a two year stretch before fulfillment and there is just too much potential for something to go wrong.