Crypts & Things Remastered is today's RPGNow Deal of the Day. Built off of the Swords & Wizardry ruleset, C&T is an excellent Swords & Sorcery ruleset as well as an excellent resource for your Swords & Wizardry campaign. Normally $14 in PDF, for 24 hours Crypts & Things Remastered is on sale for $8.40
Be a wild Barbarian, a deadly Fighter, a soul-torn Sorcerer or a sword sharp canny Thief, fighting evil tyrants and foul demons in a world rapidly dying and heading towards its final nemesis.
Crypts and Things (C&T) is a Swords and Sorcery Roleplaying game based upon the Old School Rules of the 70s/80s. It also draws upon the British fantasy games and game-books of that period to bring a distinctly dark and dangerous feel to the game.
It was originally released back in early 2012 and after a highly successful Kickstarter in 2015 it returns in a Remastered edition, with revised and expanded content and entirely new art by David M. Wright.
- Introduction: An overview of the book.
The Scrolls of Wonder
The Book of Doom
- The Player's section of the game, which explains how to create and play the character who will be the player's alter ego in the game.
- Creating a Character: Guidelines for creating the player's fictional alter-ego in the game.
- Character Classes: Nine character archetypes for players to choose from: Four Core (Barbarian, Fighter, Sorcerer, Thief) and five exotic (Beast Hybrid, Disciple, Elementalist, Lizard People and Serpent Man).
- Life Events: Quick background events tables which briefly detail the character's origin and what they did before adventuring.
- Spell Lists: Black, Grey and White Magic, plus Elemental Magic.
- How to Play: The game's simple and straightforward rules.
- The Continent of Terror: A brief overview of the game's included setting.
- What the Elder Told Me: Each of the eight human cultures of the setting detailed in ten questions and answers from a young adult to a respected elder about their worldview.
- This is the referee's section of the book.
- Secrets of the Continent of Terror: A deeper view of the setting for referee's, with adventure seeds and encounter tables.
- The Greater Others and their Works: Three of the terrifying Greater Others and their followers detailed for use in play.
- Snake Dance: A closer look at the society of the insidious Serpent Men.
- Scourges of the Dying World: Five evil nemesis to thwart and oppose the player characters.
- Ill-Gotten Gains of Dark Desire: Treasure and perilous magic items.
- A Compendium of Fiends: Dark and deadly monsters to populate your adventures with.
- The Halls of Nizar-Thun: An introductory underground adventure.
- The Haunted Lands: An introductory wilderness adventure.
- Port Black Mire: A fearsome city detailed for urban adventures.
- Notes from the Abyss: A compilation of articles and resources to aid the referee.