Today I continue with further Christmas in July Sale Picks. As stated previously, everything that is on my pick list for the current Christmas in July Sale at DTRPG is something I own, either in print, PDF, or both.
My Christmas in July Picks Part I post can be found at this link.
Now, on to today's Classic TSR Era Christmas in July Picks:
Planescape Campaign Setting (2e) - Sigil - The City of Doors. There is so much I liked about this setting. My players, however, preferred Dark Sun.
Discover the multiverse! Enter infinite universes of infinite variety, worlds beyond the prime-material settings of the AD&D game. Explore Sigil, the City of Doors, filled with portals to every layer of every plane. All you need is the right key, including. . .
- A Player's Guide to the Planes: A 32-page primer that introduces DMs and players alike to the grand design of the multiverse.
- A DM's Guide to the Planes: A 64-page book of valuable information solely for the Dungeon Master.
- Sigil and Beyond: A 96-page gazetteer that introduces Sigil and its surrounding plane as the starting point for planar adventures. From Sigil all the Outer Planes may be sampled by novice and veteran explorers alike.
- Monstrous Supplement: a 32-page, full-color Monstrous Compendium booklet.
- Four poster-size maps depicting the planes.
- A four-panel DM screen designed especially for planar campaigns.
- All the rules from the D&D boxed set series, including Basic, Expert, Companion, and Masters
- Guidelines to develop and play characters from levels 1-36
- Comprehensive lists of weaponry and equipment
- Expansion rules including optional skills and talents
- An overview of the Known World and the HOLLOW WORLD game setting, the official D&D campaign world; and Rules to convert D&D games and characters into AD&D 2nd edition game statistics and back again
- Three new PC races!
- Muls - half-dwarf, half-human; specially bred for combat!
- Thri-Kreen - the savage mantis-warriors of the Barrens!
- Half-giants - bred for tremendous size and strength
- Three new PC classes!
- Gladiators - heroes of the arenas, the ultimate warriors!
- Templars - Wicked priests who serve the sorcerer-kings!
- Defilers - wizards whose powers drain the life around them!
- More powerful PC's
- All Dark Sun game characters begin at 3rd level!
- Ability scores that can go as high as 24!
- All PC's have one or more psionic powers!
- The new character tree allows players to advance many characters at once!