I'm a huge fan of OpenQuest. Were I to run my classic boxed sets of Pavis & Big Rubble again, I'd use OpenQuest for the ruleset. It's, IMHO, the best presentation of the RQ/BRPG d100 system that I've encountered.
The Lost Outpost, The OpenQuest Quick-Start Rules, and Adventure is a free taste of the new edition of the OpenQuest rules. 75 pages, hyperlinked and ready to roll ;)
This pdf is designed to get players and Referees up and playing OpenQuest, with the minimum of preparation.
It contains the following sections.
- Characters. A rundown of what an OpenQuest character is made up of, both in terms of numbers and concepts.
- Quick Rules. A concise version of the OpenQuest rules, enough to play the adventure.
- Combat. The rules for physical combat.
- Magic. The basic approach to magic, known as Personal Magic.
- The Lost Outpost. An introductory adventure set in OpenQuest’s example setting, the Empire of Gatan.
- A set of six pre-made characters. Players should pick one and get ready to play.
The Tavern is supported by readers like you. The easiest way to support The Tavern is to shop via our affiliate links. DTRPG, Amazon, and Humble Bundle are affiliate programs that support The Tavern. You can catch the daily Tavern Chat podcast on Anchor, YouTube, or wherever you listen to your podcast collection.
Thanks for the shout-out Eric :)ReplyDelete