A pocket-sized booklet of random tables for Dungeon Masters. Plus a blank version of the book that they can record new ideas in.
I've been a huge fan of Peter Reagan for years. I still use his mapping kits that I backed for years ago, and this looks awesome. I've snagged multiple copies of the Dungeon Master's Little Black Book, 48 to be exact, so if this ships on time, I should have some to give out at NTRPG Con in June of this year. Yep, got badges and plane tickets for Rach and me, and Texas announced earlier today that it's opening up 100% and it's revoking its mask mandate in a week.
The aim of this project is to fund print runs of two versions of The Dungeon Master's Little Black Book. The first version will be crammed full of random tables, ideas and maps that can be used by a DM during a game without any preparation. The second version will be a blank version of the Little Black Book that a DM can add their own content to.
Both booklets will be A6-sized (148mm x 105mm) and be 16 pages plus 4 page card covers. The content of the prefilled booklet will be printed 150gsm silk art paper. the content of the blank version will be printed on uncoated 120gsm paper so it will be easy to write on with any pen or pencil. The covers will be sturdy 300 or 350gsm silk art card.
Version 1 with content provisionally includes:
- D12 WHAT'S ON THE END OF THE STICK? table
- D6/D8 COINS ON A CORPSE table
- D6/D8 COINS IN A COFFER table
- D12 THE KOBOLDS ARE SELLING table
- D8 POTIONS SIDE EFFECTS table
- 2D8 THE DOOR OPENS BUT table
- D10 THE DOOR'S STUCK BECAUSE IT'S table
- D12 THE MAGIC MOUTH SAYS table
- D8 WHAT'S IN THE PIT? table
- D30 HIRELINGS & HENCHFOLK table
- DUNGEON GEOMORPHS TOOLKIT
- WHEEL OF FORTUNE
Version 2 without content provisionally includes:
- D8 Blank table x2
- D10 Blank table x2
- D12 Blank table x2
- 3D6 or D16 Blank table x2
- D8+D6 Blank matrix x1
- D30 Blank table x1
- Dot grid mapping pages x5
- Wheel of Fortune (back cover)