I was a HUGE fan of the Planescape setting back in the day (the mid to late 90s ). Come to think of it, it was probably the last TSR Era setting I truly invested in, both monetarily as well as emotionally. There were just so many adventures laying in that initial boxed set, waiting for one's players to stumble across them. Ah, memories.
WotC has put the Plansecape Campaign Setting back into print as a PDF book. For 17.10 you can snag the softcover print plus PDF, or 21.47 for the hardcover print plus PDF. I may save wear and tear on my boxed set and grab the hardcover. Just a thought :)
Glory? Majesty? You don't know the dark of it!
Discover the multiverse! Enter infinite universes of infinite variety, worlds beyond the prime-material settings of the AD&D game. Explore Sigil, the City of Doors, filled with portals to every layer of every plane. All you need is the right key, including. . .
- A Player's Guide to the Planes: A 32-page primer that introduces DMs and players alike to the grand design of the multiverse.
- A DM's Guide to the Planes: A 64-page book of valuable information solely for the Dungeon Master.
- Sigil and Beyond: A 96-page gazetteer that introduces Sigil and its surrounding plane as the starting point for planar adventures. From Sigil all the Outer Planes may be sampled by novice and veteran explorers alike.
- Monstrous Supplement: a 32-page, full-color Monstrous Compendium booklet.
- Four poster-size maps depicting the planes.
- A four-panel DM screen designed especially for planar campaigns.
Until now, only the most powerful wizards could peek into the magnificent multiverse, but no longer! Gone are the unimaginable distances and the insurmountable obstacles that only the ultrapowerful could hope to overcome. Now even the greenest adventurer can enter the planes, though surviving long is another matter . . . .
Have at it, berk! Powers, proxies, planars, petitioners, and wondrous monsters await just beyond the portal. Step through and partake of the infinite excitement of Planescape.
Don't forget to subscribe to The Tavern's weekly Newsletter! We currently have 162 subscribers.