Over my commute the last 2 days I've been listening to the Save or Die podcast wherein they discuss the Basic Fantasy RPG ( +Chris Gonnerman is the special guest.) It's and excellent episode and very informative, but it got me thinking when it was mentioned that there is no alignment system in BFRPG.
Is alignment really needed in an RPG?
How many RPGs that aren't derived or inspired by RPGs have alignment?
Does the removal of an alignment system open up the game to moreor less defined monsters and NPCs?
If 90% of PCs are either Chaotic Selfish (or Chaotic Crazy Homicidal Murder Hobos) and the other 10% are Lawful Rules Lawyers, is the 9 point alignment chart even accurate?
Retro Review & Adventure Retooling With N2: The Forest Oracle By Carl Smith For Your Old School Campaigns - "The land lies under a curse. Fruit drops to the ground, its pulp black and rotten. Leaves curl and wither on the branches. Animals flee the parched vale, ...
5 hours ago