Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Inn Generator Curtesy of WotC
It isn't often that I find something on the WotC site that is a perfect fit for OSR gaming. Surprisingly enough, the new online Inn Generator is an awesome fit!
Here's a random example I just rolled:
1 server Rooms Available (None)
Witglen Kenisville (M, Human, 38)
Room: 5sp/day, Common Room: 2sp/day
NPCs Present (32)
4 Commoners, 3 Merchants, 4 Military Elite, 6 Nobles, 1 NPC Adventurer, 2 NPC VIPs, 2 Priests, 1 Shady Character, 1 Town Guard, 8 Other
(Tropical)Grilled water snake in marigold sauce, Swamplight spirits
All alcohol shipments have been delayed, resulting in a low supply and increased prices.
Topics of Conversation (3)
• Last winter’s fires weren’t an accident. They were started by a drunken, miscast spell by a careless traveler.
• Parents speak of their ire at their childrens’ dreams of someday becoming adventurers.
• A customer laments his upcoming chores. He despairs of a full two weeks of hard work attending to his master’s errands.
Randon Events (2)
• A patron performs a trick with a coin and then flicks it toward a server, who catches it with wink and smile.
• With a loud cheer, two patrons stand and begin to dance without rhythm—clearly inebriated.