OK. I must admit. I find the Impact! Miniatures Presents: The Lost KS Mini Project Kickstarter very interesting.
Instead of sculpting their own line of miniatures, Impact! Miniatures has instead licensed or bought the rights to the minis from prior Kickstarters. Those that funded and only had a single run made, those that failed to fund and in one case, those that funded and failed to produce (more on the Torn Armor KS later in this post).
I should note, these minis are 3d prints. They are not metal and are not Reaper Bones either. I've seen some recent 3d printed mins and ecept for the color I couldnt tell a difference in detail between them and metal (that being said, my eyes aren't what they used to be ;)
So, which miniatures lines are available in this Kickstarter?
- Miniatures from the discontinued board game Wizard's Academy
- Miniatures from the closed company ZN Games
- Miniatures from the discontinued line for Breachworld by Jason Richards
- Miniatures from the discontinued line by Hivetrygon Minis
- Miniatures from closed company Soul Jar
- Miniatures from the failed to fund KickStarter Dawn of the Archmage
- Miniatures from the failed KickStarter Torn Armor
I'm seriously tempted by the Breachworld minis myself. Damn it! heh
For those asking "what's the deal with the Torn Armor minis and Kickstarter?"
One of the group of STL files I was able to purchase was the STLs from the Torn Armor KS project that funded but failed to deliver. While I have no connection to that project at all, I will work with you to get you some/all of the miniatures at cost + shipping. I set up a special $2 reward level to assist with handling this.Note: the "I" referred to above is Tom Anders, not your bartender :)