Think about it. We have next weekend free and then it's Thanksgiving. Turkey Day rolls into Black Friday, Cyber Monday and then it's all fricken downhill until Christmas. Holiday parties, Christmas shopping, and all the crap that comes with the social obligations of work, school, church, extended families, etc. Sure, you might have some good blocks of free time, but do they align with those free blocks for the rest of your gaming group? Probably not.
So what are you going to do to get your gaming fix on?
There are always video games, maybe some board games with your family (assuming you're lucky enough to be able to do so. Don't get me started about the 3 hour attempt to teach my in-laws a "quick" game of Munchkin.).
Now for me the holidays is a time I try to work on my gaming projects. "Try" is usually the operative word as I tend to bit off more than I can chew. For example, this holiday season I have on my "to do" list:
- Build a miniature storage case
- Work on reformatting my d30 tables for publications
- Create some player tablemats
- Create some miniature dioramas
- Paint my minis (well, some of them)
- Build some dice-rolling towers
- Work on my digital gaming table
- Frame the last of my RPG Art
- Work on my travel table-side RPG case
- Add to my Appendix N library
- Work on my mobile arcade rig(s)
- Build some table-top terrain
Post a Comment