Beneath the Ghoul Lair, a Westgate Adventures! Dungeon Raiders! module (I hope I got all that right - so many titles - heh) is the latest release from Johnny Rook Games. Aimed at a party of levels 2-4, I'd advise they have access to silver weapons if they don't yet have a magic weapon or two in the party. As you can guess from the title, there be undead in them there hills!
BtGL is setting light in nature. The hook is a decent one that can be placed just about anywhere. The stronger you make the hook, the more you party will be involved in the story evolving around them. You can drop it as is, and it should work, but tweaking should make it a better fit.
There are 2 nice dungeon maps that would have fit well into any classic TSR module if they were only done in that horrible classic blue.
Four new magic items, a new spell (which looks familiar) and three new monsters (one of which looks familiar, but i guess its new to OSRIC).
From the blurb:
This adventure is designed for 4-8 characters of levels 2-4.
A pack of vicious ghouls recently attacked a group of adventurers. The party's ranger tracked the ghouls back to an old cave but dared not go inside as it was too dangerous. A plea has gone out to any able-bodied adventurers nearby to clear out this undead infestation. You and your allies have heard the call and set out urgently for the cave to end the threat, find some treasure, and hopefully survive the horrors beneath the ghoul lair!
About Dungeon Raiders! Modules
Dungeon Raiders! games:
- Are "story-light" modules designed for quick adventure, great treasure, and fantastic stories!
- Are designed for any campaign setting while maintaining good content and high quality playability!
- Are great for one- to three-night game sessions when players want to "just go get some XP and gold!"
- Can be easily expanded into much larger games or stories!
- Are sensible, not rediculous, and fun, suited for any new players or old players wishing to revive and keep alive the spirit of classic role-playing!