Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Swords & Wizardry Light - Plans for 2017 - Zine, Rules, Settings and More
Swords & Wizardry Light has taken on a life of its own and I couldn't be happier. New classes, pocket settings, adventures and more, all already published or in the works by members of our community. Huzzah!
So, what "official" plans are in the works for Swords & Wizardry Light for 2017 and beyond? Good question. In no particular order:
- The release of the rules in print by Frog God Games, available free with purchase of physical product from their webstore. If they are sending something to your house, you can expect a copy of SWL to sneak into the box.
- The release of a SWL Zine called, appropriately enough, Continual Light. Adventures, monsters, classes, spells, magic items, etc.
- The release of the SWL rules in a Word.doc, so you can hack and houserule to you are content. I'm the hold up on this - aiming for mid January release.
- Extra Light - building off of the SWL rules, this 28-32 page digest sized book will include leveling to 5th or 7th level (still working out the details), new spells, new classes, new monsters and a sample adventure for each level. +James Spahn is co-author on this, so if we give you a product you don't like, blame me.
- Torchlight - a series of One-Sheet releases of various types (creatures, adventures, locations, etc)
- Pocket settings - not much is more than a basic outline for this concept yet, but thinking genre toolkits instead of detailed locations - so, rules for low fantasy, American westerns, sci-fi, horror and the like. Hmmm, would this be the Pocket Light series of releases? heh
+James Spahn and +Zach Glazar are my coconspirators. I truly couldn't ask for a better team to cover up and correct my mistakes ;)
Is there more possible than what is listed above? For sure, but the above I'm fairly confident of.
Now, stuff that is needed. Title graphics for Continual Light and Torchlight as well as a Swords & Wizardry Light Compatibility Logo. If you are an artist with some ideas, we need to talk :)