Friday, September 26, 2014
The OSR Gaming Forums Take it up a Notch - Now I Might ACTUALLY find a use for a Forum
Over the past weekend the OSR Gaming forums were down. Whether it was a DOS or just an internet hiccup, I don't know. I do know that it prodded +Vincent Florio to take another look at his OSR Gaming Forums set up, and from what I can tell, the revised forums turned it up to eleven (yes, obligatory Spinal tap reference included.)
So, what's new?
- a real time IM system - so I can harass those that are currently reading the forums when I log in. Huzzah!
- dice rollers - so you can run games in the forums, use it for character generation for your non-forum game, play some craps, etc.
- all posts have +1 Google plus feature - I'm sold - G+ is my social media method of preference (although I am expanding my friends on Facebook recently) - I'll need to try this feature
- RSS Features for all forums - cool for those that use such features - I don't, cause I'm generally too lazy
- The ability to use Tapatalk from any smartphone to use the forums - I'll judge this once I've used it enough to have an opinion
- An Articles section to post up adventures, hooks, characters, etc - cool, as it kinda make the forum into an online magazine, at least in part, without calling it a magazine. Vince, how about OSR Gaming Mag for the new forum site? ;)