Tomorrow: Cold Fens - As far as I know, the group is returning to the Cold Fens tomorrow. They bought some boats, discussed but didn't actually budget for any elven blinds to co...
2 hours ago
Your heroes are going to be stopping at a tavern sometime, right? All adventurers need a drink some time, and with this book it's not hard to turn a pint of the local ale into a memorable gaming experience! Book of Taverns One gives you a choice of two exciting places to stay the night, find adventure, and (let's face it) probably burn the place down. That's why we include two of them - one's a burn-down, and the other one is for hiding from the city watch. Both of these taverns offer NPCs for the characters to interact with (or slay), a diverting history, and convenient descriptions, as well as adventure hooks that will be so irresistible to the greedy characters that the clerics and paladins will have no choice in the matter.
The Trireme (11 pages, color cover, color interior) by Chris Jones presents a quiet tavern just outside of town, dedicated to philosophical debates, epicurean delights, and a private drinking room. Local philosophers are welcomed here as long as they can pay their tab, and visitors to the tavern can expect to be embroiled in some lively debate as to the nature of the world and the soul. Try the pecan cakes, but save some money for the extensive wine list. Or burn the place down - it's always an option.
Vain Robert's Gibbet (11 pages, color cover, color interior) by Chris Jones is a scurvy dive bar on the docks. Those passing by usually speed their steps, for only the lowest class of sailors stop in for a drink here. The tavern keeper doesn't mind at all, since Vain Robert's Gibbet is only the front for a coven of elite seafarers who battle a growing evil out in the depths of the sea. Note: this one would be more dangerous to burn down.
Good folk have vanished. Those who were once disparaged and forgotten now wield power unlike anything seen before. Rulers and sages turn a blind eye to the disturbing events unfolding around them. In every corner of the Lost Lands, the Cult of the Veiled One spreads unchecked.
Prophesizing a cleansing jihad of flames and the coming of the Burning One, the cult has erected its brazen spires in every land. What follows depends on the wit and courage of mighty heroes who must rise to the occasion and take the fight to the enemy in its very stronghold. Will they succeed, or will they succumb to the temptations of the Veiled One’s court and join in the conquest of their home world? A fabled city of wishes on the edge of an eternal flame. The City of Brass is a rich combination of sand-box style role playing adventure, planar exploration, and twisted dungeons designed to test even the most seasoned adventurers.
Adventure Begins Across Planes of Fire and Deceit
Beginning with low-level challenges in the familiar confines of the Lost Lands, the adventure leads characters on a thrilling journey through multiple planes of existence culminating in the exploration of the City of Brass itself. The gleaming towers and floating platforms of the city hold terrors and wonders such as the Great Repository and the Minaret of Screams. Characters may choose to take a turn in the Circus of Pain, raid the floating Pyramid of Set, or join the resistance to the Sultan’s oppressive rule and lead an assault on the palace itself! A phoenix rises fully formed from the ashes of the past. The City of Brass is re-imagined for the new renaissance of fantasy role playing games, brought to you in the epic style of old school fantasy campaigns of yesteryear.
About City of Brass
From the design team that brought you Bard's Gate and Sword of Air, the City of Brass is an adventure unlike any other. With full color art and maps, new content and new organization, the City of Brass returns bigger and better than ever! An Adventure Sourcebook for characters level 1-20. New versions for Fifth Edition of the world’s most popular role-playing game.
So what’s new in this release compared to the original Necromancer Games Boxed Set?
This new release of The City of Brass includes all new color maps by Alyssa Faden and Robert Altbauer. Plus amazing new color art by Colin Chan, Adrian Landeros, Terry Pavlet, Michael Syrigos, C. J. Allan Marsh, and Artem Shukaev.
The original City of Brass was divided into 3 sections and has been revised and reorganized throughout with 150,000 new words of adventures and material.
Section 1: Cult of the Burning One - Now includes the following adventures
Section 2: The City of Brass is now newly organized with details on factions, new locations in the Plane of Molten Skies.
- Lornedain the Secret Flame: An introductory adventure for characters Levels 1-3.
- Freegate: the Brazen Spire (For Levels 4-6), giving new details to the Lost Lands city of Freegate as the characters investigate the arrival of a new cult and its magical tower.
- The Sea of Baal: (For levels 5-8). Adventures in the Titian Isles, the Elemental Plane of Air and Beyond as they travel across the Sea of Baal to the continent of Lybinos!
- Numeda a Caliphate in Flames: (For levels 6-9). Arriving in Lybinos the characters discover that the city of Cirtius in the Caliphate of Numeda is over-run by the forces of the Sultan of Efreet. Help free the survivors or join the Sultan in his conquest of the Lost Lands!
- The Path of the Prophet: (For Levels 8-10). Rewritten from the original with new content.
Section 3: Tales of Brass features new adventure locations including:That there is an affiliate link above. Affiliate links keep the beer cold and the taps flowing here at The Tavern.
- Ard’s Sanctuary: An adventure location for 11-14th level characters.
- Freeman’s Tower: An ultra-dimensional apartment complex and home base located in the lower city. Conquer the tower and live rent free under the Sultan’s nose! For 11th-14th level characters.
- The Apartment of Ra Po Jejh!: An old enemy makes a surprise return. Find his phylactery and finish him off once and for all! For 16th-18th level characters!
- Cathedral of the Lightbringer: The cathedral of the Lord of Infurnace’s minions serving as his consulate in the City of Brass. Steal the Sword of the Lightbringer if you Dare!
Frog God Games is running a 50% off sale, store-wide, until the end of April. We have a warehouse - feel free to empty it. Use coupon code specialgarycon50https://froggodgames.com/