I've stepped away from The Dragon Mags for a bit... there was just too much other stuff to get to.
Dragon #8 suffers from some sloppy editing. It's forgivable tho. It was literally cut n' paste back in the day.
Still, we get a nice article on The Planes. Damn thing was a real PITA to try and upload ;)
1) Purple, The PRIME MATERIAL
2) Yellow, The POSITIVE MATERIAL PLANE
3) Grey, The NEGATIVE MATERIAL PLANE
4) Lt. Blue The AIR ELEMENTAL PLANE
5) Red The FIRE ELEMENTAL PLANE
6) Green The EARTH ELEMENTAL PLANE
7) Blue The WATER ELEMENTAL PLANE
8) Orange, The ETHEREAL PLANE
9) Lt. Blue, The ASTRAL PLANE
10) Blue, The SEVEN HEAVENS
11) Lt. Blue, The HAPPY HUNTING GROUNDS
12) Blue, The TWIN PARADISES
13) Lt. Blue, OLYMPUS
14) Blue, ELYSIUM
15) Blue/Grey, GLADSHEIM
16) Grey, LIMBO
17) Red/Grey, PANDEMONIUM
18) Red, The 666 LAYERS OF THE ABYSS
19) Lt. Red, TARTERUS
20) Red, HADES
21) Lt. Red, GEHENNA
22) Red, The NINE HELLS
23) Red/Grey, ACHERON
24) Grey, NIRVANA
25) Blue/Grey, ARCADIA
Of course, the article on the Development of Towns in D&D just the above article in half... why? But wait, the second part of the Planes article cuts the Town article in half. Sigh.
About 10 pages to part one of a serialized piece of fiction. 10 pages out of 32. I'm not even counting ads. Where's the gaming stuff?
There is a intro to Gamma World, but it's basically another page of fiction.
Rob Kuntz gives us a Gem and Jewelry table. Tables rock! We can even roll carat size.
The Featured Creature was actually a name and design contest. Here's the Erol Otus art. Got a name for it?
More Metamorphosis Alpha. Apparently they expected it to be a bigger hit.
Eh. Far from a great issue, but there's a few gems in the mix.
Post a Comment