Sunday, December 11, 2016
Kickstarter - Valley of Kildar | For 5th Edition and other RPG games
It seems The Taverners have taken it upon themselves to make a new challenge - who can find gaming Kickstarters with possible red flags. Now, just because something raises flags, doesn't mean its not a valid project. It does mean you shouldn't just jump in without doing some vetting on your own.
Which takes us to Valley of Kildar | For 5th Edition and other RPG games. Its a setting and adventure package. The map looks fine if a bit simple although many old school gamers would find issue with the walled off nature of the setting. These are not flags, just observations.
here come the flags:
1 - PDF buy in is just $5 American. For that you get -
• Color Map of the region
• "Zoom in" maps : town, village, forest, mountain and more...
• More than 20 quests (adventures) ready to play
• 12 dungeons with complete descriptions and layouts
• 15 buildings with complete descriptions, facades and interiors
• An illustrated Bestiary containing 12 "monsters"
• More than 20 NPCs with description and background of each character
• 32 battlemap sections
How will all of this be produced for 5 bucks?
More importantly -
2 - Print plus PDF buy in is $19 American. That apparently includes shipping.
It includes all the above in print plus:
• 32 battlemap sections printed on cardboard
• DM Screen
When the price is too good to be true, it means one of two things:
a - it literally is too good to be true and its a scam - or -
b - the project creator is clueless as to the cost of his project
I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here and go with clueless.
As an aside, there is no indication as to the size of the printed color map of the region not the printed "Zoom in" maps.
1st created, 1 backed.