Blood & Treasure 2nd Edition was released into the PDF wilds earlier today and there was much rejoicing.
+John Stater , well known for his NOD magazine and Hex Crawls releases under the Frog God Games banner, has completed revising his OSR ruleset, Blood & Treasure, to it's 2nd edition.
Here's what John has to say:
Blood & Treasure is the fantasy role-playing game for people who want to spend less time arguing over rules and more time playing, and the new 2nd Edition continues this tradition.
Compatible with old school games, it strives to be rules lite and options heavy.
You get ...
Blood & Treasure 2nd Edition is designed to give you years of enjoyment in just two volumes, this book and the forthcoming Blood & Treasure 2nd Edition Monster book, which features over 600 monsters to challenge players.
- Thirteen character classes, as well as suggested variations on the existing classes
- The classic fantasy races
- A streamlined and easy optional feats system
- Hundreds of spells and magic items - you can run games for years without running out of new things to try
- Optional scientific treasures for those who like science-fantasy
- Quick and easy rules for exploration, combat, mass combat, naval combat, strongholds and domains and a simple task resolution system
- Guidance on designing dungeons, wilderness, settlements and even the cosmos
- Suggestions on converting to other old school systems and changes between the first and second edition
Blood & Treasure doesn't want to tell you what kind of fantasy game you should enjoy, it just wants to put all the tools in your hands and let you play YOUR GAME, YOUR WAY.The PDF is 10 bucks with a POD release in the near future.