Tavern Readers: "Er, don't you have enough shit on your plate right now? Your Beer Blog is on hiatus since you went to overnights at work."
Tavern Barkeep: "Right. But drinking at 7 AM is just not socially normal. I do have an occasional glass of wine when I get home from work though. Seems more... classy"
TR: "Whatever. How on God's green earth are you going to find the time to record a podcast multiple times each week? When you drive home from work?"
TB: "The thought did occur to me, just not sure how feasible it would be. I'm thinking 10-15 minute long podcast episodes up to three times a week."
TR: "Talking about what? Isn't that why you have the blog? To yap away at your readers?"
TB: "True, but podcasts can be listened to while driving, shopping, ignoring your teacher. Don't drive while reading The Tavern or any other blog. Don't operate heavy machinery or garden tools while blog reading. Listening to a podcast? You have our blessings ;)"
I've been toying with the idea of recording my own podcast for a while now. Once you get bit by the podcasting bug, it's hard to let go.
Here's what I'm thinking:
- Tavern Chat Podcast. Just because. Open to suggestions for another title.
- 10-15 minute long episodes. Short and sweet.
- talking about timely events in the OSR hobby - interesting / active blogposts from around the blogosphere of the OSR, active Kickstarters, new releases, Gareth & Whitless updates as applicable and the like
- corresponding post at The Tavern, linking to everything mentioned and pointing to the podcast
- ideally three times a week, but I suspect that won't be hit until March of next year. We'll start at once a week and go from there.
- occasional guests hosts - those would potentially be double length episodes and would be noted as such. no more than once a week on those, probably closer to once or twice a month.
- clear, quick and dirty - goal is to be clean (as in clear audio - I do NOT guarantee clear language), quick (record monday, release tuesday) and dirty (few bells and whistles - just the basics here)
- aiming to kick off Thanksgiving week. No idea if it will happen at that time. Life likes to throw curveballs.
So there you have it. if nothing else it should be an interesting time sink on my end ;)
Tsillodeed of 0 - So I saw this amazing picture a while back by my now favorite artist Dirk Detweiler Leichty and immediately got this idea for an adventure which I ran that...
9 minutes ago