Saturday, November 29, 2014
OSR Christmas 2014 - More is More Better - Santa is Gonna Need a Second Bag of Holding - Interdimensional Space is Bursting!
Holy crap! You don't realize how many email addresses you have until you start missing things.
+Dyson Logos is adding TWO sets of Dyson's Delves Volume I+II in Print (softcover.) This and the OSR ruleset of your choice could literally give you a lifetime of gaming (assuming normal human lifespan.)
There has to be an Android App for tracking this stuff ;)
I'm heading to the pub for a beer now...
(quick reminder - Tuesday is the last day to add to Santa's Bag - email tenkarsDOTtavernATgmailDOTcom if you have something you wish to add - use OSR Christmas in the subject)
Santa's OSR Gift Bag is bursting at the seams. We'll need to upgrade his Bag of Holding.
I've got more to add to the list of donated goodies, but before I do, I want to give an overview on how this should work. No guarantees about the time table - I've already been told Dec 1st thru 3rd is "no excusals" at work along with the possibility to mobilized for potential protests. So, what follows is "the plan". The plan may or may not work out. We'll see.
Starting December 1st and following every other day in December, there will be an OSR Christmas Post. Each post will be labeled in some vague way to hint at the gifts up for grabs and will state wether the gifts are international or US only. PDF gifts are international and many of the donators of physical products are willing to ship internationally (if you don't already realize, international shipping outside of the states is akin to highway robbery these days.) A post may mix PDF and physical gifts, but it is either all or nothing when it comes to international availability - I won't be mixing PDFs and US only shipping on a given post.
When the post goes up you'll have at least 24 hours to add a comment and put yourself into the mix. Only one comment per post please. Post may go up early in the morning, mid afternoon, in the evening - it will vary. In any case, they will be open for comments for at least 24 hrs. The post will be closed to new comments when I make the announcement on the post. Sometime shortly thereafter, a post will go up listing the lucky gift recipients.
Remember, many of the gift givers are publishers freely giving their wares to members of our community. So them some love :)
- TWO sets of Dyson's Delves Volume I+II in Print (softcover) +Dyson Logos
- Peril and Plunder in Print donated by Jeff Carpenter
- Attack of the Frawgs (PDF), Haunting of Larvik Island (PDF), Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman (PDF) donated by +Stephen Newton (yes, more DCC RPG goodness)
- 2 PDF copies of the complete Straycouches collection (Crawl! and other goodies) and one Print copy of said collection donated by +Dak Ultimak
- Complete PDF Collection of Spes Magna Games releases by +Mark Chance
- A Guide to the Astral Plane (AD&D Planescape) and The Glory of Rome Campaign Sourcebook (AD&D Historical Reference) - Print copies of these TSR Classics again donated by +Mark Chance
and of course the rest of the list:
- free commissioned piece of artwork (a4, b/w, old school styled) donated by +m foczka , a sample of whose work graces this post above
- First Sentinel Limited & One of the last Whisper & Venom boxed sets donated by Lesser Gnome Games - +Zach Glazar IS The Man. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
- Hard copy of Trolls of Mistwood (DCC) by +David Fisher
- A PDF copy of The Caves of Ortok (choose between LL, S&W, or OSRIC)
- A PDF copy of Bearing A Grudge (choose between LL, S&W, or OSRIC)
- A PDF copy of the Noh-Cha Classbook
- A sub to Issues 1-6 of Another Bunch of Content in PDF (the above donated by Infinibadger Press +Jason Paul McCartan )
- Dyson's Delves Volume I + II donated by +Tony T
- An assortment of +Purple Duck Games DCC Adventures in print (they are in The Tavern's Prize Closet - need to verify what is in there)
- 1 set of print copies of Crawling Under a Broken Moon DCC fanzine (print) +Reid San Filippo
- PDF copy of the Sunken City Omnibus (DCC) +Jon Marr
- a complete set of Crawljammer (DCC) (print) +Tim Callahan
- Complete Vivimancer and the first issue of the new zine Wizardzine (print copies) +Gavin Norman
- Castle of the Mad Archmage books in softcover +Joseph Bloch
- 12 PDFs of Far Realms, 12 PDFs of Far Realms - More Spells and 1 print version of Far Realms(holy crap if I must say so myself ;) +Rick Stump
- print copy of the S&W Player's Companion, signed +James Spahn
- PDF copy of the LL Class Compendium +James Spahn
- some gems from The Tavern's vaults (my wife is making me downsize my collection, even as I upsize it ;)