Friday, July 11, 2014
A Kickstarter That Makes me go "Urh?" RPG LED Dice Keychain
Listen, the RPG LED Dice Keychain Kickstarter has funded and still has over a day left. Sure, it was a low goal of $500, but look at the above pic. Does something seem "not right?"
It looks like the LED light is inserted into the die on an angle. Not much in the way of quality control if you ask me, but at least the "patent pending" is there, so don't steal the idea - but if you do, at least do it right.
He does of 8 prior Kickstarters (one of which funded) and they are mostly reboots of the same thing.
I'm not sure what else to say but "why?" Oh wait, here's why, right from the Kickstarter page:
12 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD PLEDGE?
1. You can say you were the first to contribute to the First ever made and mass produced RPG LED Dice Keychains in the history of the world.
2. RPG LED Dice Keychains is the next coolest thing after RPG Dice Knobs.
3. It will help me on my next projects. I got 2 board games in the making.
4. RPG LED Dice Keychains make a great surprising gift idea.
5. Can be used for keychains, backpack zippers, as flashlights, and who knows.
6. Quality durable material.
8. Goes to show that even the smallest things can go a very long way.
9. You'll be the coolest person at a rave, or hardstyle event.
10. Use them for display if you have a hobby store and you sell dice.
11. You can remove the batteries and store something in it, so when its off, it's full. And when it's empty its on.
12. Have you ever dropped your keys in the dark? This will help you find them.
I'd sooner drop my money on a LED keychain flashlight without the sloppy die attached to it...